Thank-you Sobek - March 31st, 2050BCE


I think that these past few weeks everyone has been praying a lot more to Sobek than they usually do. Sobek is the god of water, with the head of a Crocodile. Overnight last night, he must have worked his magic and made the water come. Well, the Nile water didn't just come, it is overflowing!

But the sad thing is, the water that is overflowing is going into the ground, but going into the weeds and being wasted. People could be drinking this water, and using it on their crops. I wish there was something we could do about it, to save the water.

I will keep thinking though. I will not give up. I wonder what other people are thinking about it?

My mother hasn't been teaching me as much as she has recently, it is back to maths, religion, cleaning and cooking. But I am glad kind of it's back to the usual.

I am also glad because finally my parents will be coming home soon! They have almost got enough money to pay back the government, and we will all live together again! I am a bit nervous too, it has been so long since we have all lived together, it will take a bit of getting used too.

Asenath