More about Slavery - February 1st, 2050BCE

Tonight while I was having my weekly lesson with my mother, she taught me about something completely new, not just bible and boring maths. She taught me all about the way our society is ruled, and the rights of people. And from this, I learned a lot about how my parents have to run their everyday lives. It has made me feel a lot of sadness for them, and I am pray every night to Bastet to protect me and them. (And also to Anubis, to let me still get to the afterlife, because I sneak into the palace once a week).


First I will tell you how my parents live their everyday lives. When they wake up before the sun has risen, they get fed little food, mainly bread and water, and then are made to go and get everything ready for the Pharaoh to wake up. This includes lying out his clothes for him and his family, cleaning up their rooms, and having breakfast ready on a tray for when they awaken.

Once the people in the palace have woken up, they are sent to the kitchen to clean and wash up the dishes among other slaves. Through the day the bring meals and wait on the people in the palace, make beds, dust, simple jobs like that.


Even though this is a lot of work for them, they do their job very well, and try their hardest to please the Pharaoh.

I am so glad that in Egypt, when your parents are slaves, their children don't have to become slaves too, and are born free. This is also some part of what my mum taught to me tonight. But I will tell you about that when I get a chance next, I am so tired I could fall asleep right now. And I have a lot of information to sink in, too. Until next time,

Asenath